To make this site work properly and to provide you with a better user experience, we sometimes place small data files called cookies on your device. Most big websites do this too.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small text file that a website saves on your device/computer when you visit the site. It enables the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as language, font size and other display preferences) over a period of time, so you don’t have to keep re-entering them whenever you come back to the site or browse from one page to another.
Some cookies are required to enjoy and use the full functionality of this website.
Trying to keep this simple and jargon free as possible, emmagarland.com uses the following cookies:
- It uses third-party Google Analytics cookies to see where people are reaching my site from, and what pages are the most popular. You can read more about its usage here
- It uses .NET Session cookies to enable the website to function correctly
- It uses Umbraco cookies for me to login to Umbraco and not have to remember my password each time
- As Umbraco Cloud is hosted on Azure, there will be an Azure affinity cookie present
- I don't do anything custom or strange with this cookie information and I will only use the cookies for the purpose stated above
- Consent can be withdrawn by leaving the website
How to control cookies
You can control and/or delete cookies as you wish – for details, see aboutcookies.org. You can delete all cookies that are already on your computer and you can set most browsers to prevent them from being placed. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a site and some services and functionalities may not work.
Some cookies will be saved for specific time periods, where others may last indefinitely. Your web browser should provide you with the controls to manage and delete cookies from your device, please see your web browser options.